Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Chicken with Creamy Mustard Herb Sauce

This recipe comes from Frenchs.com. This was another very easy recipe with few ingredients. The sauce was a little thicker then I expected, but the taste was excellent. Next time I will soften the cream cheese more, I still had several lumps when finished. In the recipe they add the garlic last, I just added it right in when making the sauce. As for the tablespoon of herbs, I used 1/2 Tbsp parsley and 1/2 Tbsp basil. I served it with baked potatoes and corn. I put a little sauce on my potato and it tasted good on that also.

Chicken with Creamy Mustard Herb Sauce

1/2 cup chicken broth
6 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1/3 cup cream cheese spread, softened
1 Tbsp minced herbs (parsley, basil or chives)
1 Tbsp oil
4 (6 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp minced garlic

Mix broth, mustard, cream cheese and herbs until well blended, set aside. Cook chicken in hot oil in nonstick skillet until browned on both sides, about 15 minutes. Stir in mustard sauce and garlic. Simmer over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes until sauce thickens slightly and flavors are blended.

No comments:

Post a Comment