Thursday, September 15, 2011

Spinach Lasagna Rolls

I have seen this recipe on several sites but always passed it over. But while searching for new recipes it popped up on the Kraft website. I decided I would give it a try. Even though I don't like spinach, Corey loves it. I think he would have it several nights a week if he was in charge of meals. So this one was for Corey. When I served it to him he looked at it kind of funny. He saw that I had lasagna noodles out so that is what he thought we were having, of course I didn't tell him any different. After a couple bites he said it was delicious. I served it with a grilled chicken breast. Even though it could be a main dish, Corey is the type who wants meat at every meal.

Spinach Lasagna Rolls

4 oz cream cheese, softened
1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 1/4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
2 cups spaghetti sauce

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Mix cream cheese, spinach, 1 cup mozzarella and Parmesan cheese until well blended. Spread onto noodles and roll tightly.

Place seam side down in a 9 inch square baking dish. Top with sauce and remaining cheese.

Bake 30 minutes or until heated through.

**The only change I made was the cheese I used was a mozzarella and cheddar blend.

No comments:

Post a Comment