Sunday, September 25, 2011

Onion Dipping Sauce / Caesar Dressing

This week I have made two new things. Tonight I made some onion dipping sauce to go with my onion rings. It is a very easy recipe. Just put everything into a small bowl and mix well. There has been a few recipes where I try a few different ones before I find THE ONE. But with this one I found it on the first try.

Onion Dipping Sauce

1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tsp ketchup
2 Tbsp horseradish
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp dried oregano
dash pepper
dash cayenne pepper

Combine all in small bowl and mix well.

**You may want to give it a taste before serving. The only thing I may change next time is add a tiny more horseradish.
**This is the horseradish I used, not the sauce in the squeeze bottle. I found this at my grocery in the aisle by the mustard.

The next new recipe I tried this week was Caesar dressing. Corey loves Romaine lettuce. Back in the days when we would go out he would order a Caesar salad without the dressing but with ranch. The wait staff would look at him like he was crazy. I would just say he wants the Romaine not iceberg lettuce. But then he started eating it with the Caesar dressing. Last week I had a coupon for a salad kit, so I picked the Caesar kit. The dressing was creamy and really tasty. I still had plenty of Romaine left so searched for a dressing recipe. I found this one at hillbillyhousewife.com. It is really good. I didn't let it get as creamy as I would have liked, but soon I hope to have a blender that works right so next time it should be perfect.

Caesar Dressing

2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp dry mustard
3 to 4 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 oz can anchovies OR 1 Tbsp anchovy paste (optional)
1 cup vegetable oil
2 Tbsp vinegar
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese (optional)

Put garlic, mustard, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and anchovies (if using) in blender until smooth. With blender still running add oil. Turn blender off when creamy. Add pepper, Parmesan cheese (if using) and salt to taste (if didn't use anchovies)about 1/2 to 1 tsp. Blend to mix in seasonings.

No comments:

Post a Comment