Monday, September 19, 2011

Savory Salmon

This recipe is from Paula Deen off the Food Network site. This isn't my usual type of recipe. There are several ingredients, and more prep then I usually like to do. Corey has been on a healthier, more white meat and fish kick lately. With all there is to this recipe it will be a long time before he gets it again. He gave the flavor an A+. The recipe says to serve with rice, I served with broccoli. As you will see by the picture I served it with all the topping still on. But trust me there is salmon underneath all that stuff. For the House Seasoning, I saved a spice bottle that I emptied a few weeks ago. I cut the recipe for the seasoning in half.


Savory Salmon

1 (2Lb) salmon fillet
house seasoning (see recipe below)
1 small red bell pepper, julienne
1 small green bell pepper, julienne
1 medium onion, sliced thin
1 medium orange, sectioned and seeded
1 pint strawberries, cleaned and sliced
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup chopped fresh chervil or baby dill
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbsp chopped green onion
2 lemons, juiced

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place salmon on foil lined pan. Season with house seasoning, then cover and surround with red and green peppers, onion and sectioned orange slices. Mix berries, water, honey, chervil, garlic and green onions together. Pour lemon juice over salmon. Ladle berry mixture evenly over salmon. Cover with foil and pierce foil allowing steam to escape. Bake 25 to 30 minutes. Serve with rice.

House Seasoning:
1 cup salt
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup garlic powder
Mix well. Store in shaker near stove for convenience.

**I couldn't find chervil or baby dill where I live. I found a substitute online. For 1 tsp of chervil substitute 1 tsp dried parsley and 1/8 tsp rubbed, dried sage.

No comments:

Post a Comment