Saturday, July 30, 2011

Slow Cooker Sweet Mustard Roast

This is another very simple recipe. The flavor was excellent. I asked Corey on a scale of 1 to 5 how did it rate, he gave it a 6. I served it with some potatoes that I diced and made a packet with foil, added some butter and Italian seasoning, and set it on top of the roast in the cooker. I let it cook a couple hours then sliced it so that I could submerge it into the juices.

Slow Cooker Sweet Mustard Roast

3 Lb beef or pork roast
1/3 cup molasses
1/3 cup Dijon mustard
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp vinegar, white or apple cider

Put roast in cooker. Add all ingredients. Use tongs to flip meat, covering all sides. For a 4 quart cooker, cook on low 6 to 8 hours or high 4 hours. For a 6 quart cooker, cook on low 5 hours.

**I have a 6 quart cooker. I cooked mine for about 5 1/2 hours. My cooker has a 4 and 6 hour timer, so I set it for six but kept an eye on the clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment