Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pound Cake

Corey has asked several times over the years for me pick up a pound cake when I go to the store. I decided to search this machine that is at my fingertips for a recipe. Well, I found one. Of course I should call my a Half a Pound Cake. I cut the recipe in half for us. This was the first time I had ever made one. It turned out really good. You could taste the hint of almond. It would be perfect with a dollop of whip cream and some berries.

Pound Cake

3 cups sugar
1 Lb margarine
6 eggs
3/4 cup milk
4 cups flour, unsifted
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp almond

Cream the butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each. Add flour and milk, 1/3 at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla and almond. Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour and 35 minutes. Start checking around 1 hour 10 minutes.

**I cooked mine in a 350 degree oven for about an hour and 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment