Saturday, July 2, 2011

Lemon Raspberry Cupcakes

So, what do you do when you have a failure with your baking? In this case I just turned it upside down and ate it anyway. I have never made cupcakes that I have to put the "surprise" in before baking. I followed all the directions and all seemed good. Until I had to take the cupcakes out of the silicone cups. All the jam fell to the bottom. Corey said just make another batch and don't worry about it. I didn't want to make another batch. Besides I had to buy a couple items that I don't keep on hand, so couldn't make more unless I wanted to go to the store. I just stared at them for a couple minutes. I read the instructions again. Yes, I followed the directions. Why didn't they turn out right. Oh well, I was gonna move on and not be upset by it. I left the kitchen for a while. Then I told Corey I was just gonna turn them upside down. So that is what I did. So now the jam was sitting on top of the cupcake. But now I had to deal with the frosting. So I just put a dollop right on top of the jam. I split one with Corey. We both loved the flavor. I will for sure make them again.

After searching online a bit, I found some photos of step by step for filling cupcakes. All of them seemed to fill the cups about half full before putting in the filling. So next time I will put more batter in the bottom before the jam.

Lemon Raspberry Cupcakes

Cupcakes
3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3 tsp grated lemon zest
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cups self rising flour
1/4 cup buttermilk
2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
12 tsp seedless raspberry jam

Frosting
1 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
3 to 4 cups powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, powdered sugar and lemon zest in a large bowl until fluffy and well blended. Add eggs, beating to blend. Beat in half the flour, then buttermilk and lemon juice, then the remaining flour. Drop a spoonful of the cupcake batter into the bottom of each muffin cup. Spoon 1 tsp of raspberry jam on the top of the batter of each muffin cup. Divide remaining batter among muffin cups to top the jam. Bake 18 to 22 minutes, until toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean. Cool cupcakes completely before frosting.
Prepare the frosting, in a large mixing bowl, beat butter and raspberry jam together until will mixed and smooth. Add powdered sugar, a cup at a time, until you reach a consistency that you desire.

**This recipe was found at recipegirl.com

No comments:

Post a Comment