Monday, July 11, 2011

Carne Guisada

This is another recipe that I found online. It is a one pan meal. It does take about an hour and a half from prep to done. I chopped everything and had it ready to go before I started. It made it much easier for me. As for the flavor, very good. When it was almost done I tasted it. I did put a pinch more cumin into the pan. I served it with some mixed vegetables. But it does have green pepper and potatoes in it, so a vegetable on the side isn't necessary. Corey just like lots of vegetables. However, if you wanted some extra vegetables I think some corn would go nicely stirred in.

Carne Guisada

2 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 Lbs sirloin tips, trim off fat and gristle, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
1 cup onion, chopped
1 Lb small red potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 serrano chili, minced (or jalapeno)
1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 Tbsp flour

Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. Add meat, brown 10 minutes. DO NOT DRAIN. Add bell pepper, onion, potatoes, garlic, chili and tomatoes, cook 10 minutes. Add spices, tomato sauce and 2 cups water. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 1 hour or until meat is tender. Add water as needed. Season to taste. In small cup combine 3 Tbsp cooking liquid and flour. Stir to remove lumps. Add back to pan and mix well until evenly thickened.

No comments:

Post a Comment