Monday, September 3, 2012

Caprese Chicken with Bacon


It's been a while since I have posted. After a little over three years I have finally found a job. After adjusting to Corey's schedule and shift changes I am now having to adjust to having my own schedule again. My new job is in a little restaurant. But for the first time in my life I am in the dinning room instead of the kitchen. I never thought, as I'm sure everyone who knows me, that I would ever be a waitress. I'm really liking the job and all the people are really nice so I'm really hoping it all works out and I can get some more hours.

I have still been searching for new recipes to try. I have found a few that I plan on trying within the next couple weeks. Tonight I made Caprese Chicken with Bacon. It was really good. I will for sure be making it again. Corey has never in the twelve years we have been together liked tomatoes. But recently he has decided to give them another try. Guess what, he likes them. So I made this recipe with the tomatoes and he enjoyed it, said it was really good.

Caprese Chicken with Bacon

8 bacon strips
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 plum tomatoes, sliced
6 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
4 slices part skim mozzarella cheese

Place bacon in an ungreased 15 X 10 inch baking pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towel to drain. Place chicken in an ungreased 9 X 13 baking pan, brush with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with tomatoes and basil. Wrap each with chicken breast with two bacon strips, in a criss cross. Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 170 degrees. Top with cheese, bake 1 minute or until melted.

**This recipe is from tasteofhome.com.
**I didn't wrap the bacon around, just draped it over the top.
**I cut the recipe in half.
**For those who don't know, plum tomatoes are sometimes called Roma tomatoes. The area I'm from they are called Roma. When I first saw them called plum I had to look it up to find out what kind of tomato I was looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment