Monday, August 27, 2012

Worlds Best Chicken

My mom gave this recipe to me, I'm not sure where she found it. Trust me when I say I didn't come up with the name. In my opinion it is not the "Worlds Best Chicken". With the Dijon mustard and syrup as the sweetener, it had a honey mustard vibe. Of course it wasn't as good as a honey mustard chicken. I was a very easy recipe to make, with few ingredients. Corey felt the same way, it was ok, but nothing special.

Worlds Best Chicken

1 Lb boneless skinless chicken breast
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
salt and pepper
rosemary

Pre heat oven to 450 degrees. Place chicken in a 9 x 13 baking dish. In a small bowl mix mustard, syrup, and vinegar, season with salt and pepper, pour over chicken. Bake 40 minutes, season with rosemary.

**I would suggest turning half way through the cooking.
**Forty minutes was too long. The chicken was dry and the sauce was starting to turn dark in spots. I would suggest checking for doneness after about 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment