Sunday, August 22, 2010

A couple reviews

This post is going to be a little different. I want to give my opinion on a couple kitchen items that I use.

Presto Professional Salad Shooter, love it!! I have grated my cheese for a couple years now. I was using a hand grater before it broke. It was a long process. The block of cheese had to be cut way down to fit into the holding area. Then all the cranking. I asked for a electric grater for Christmas last year. My parents got me an Oster electric grater, don't waste your money. Once again had to cut into tiny pieces. Then it wouldn't work once the cheese touched the grating barrel. So after buying already shredded cheese a couple times, and could tell the difference, Corey got me the Presto.

I love it!! I don't have to cut the cheese block down, put the whole thing right in the top. I have made hash brown a few times. I pick out the smallest potatoes, wash em up, and right in the top. Aim the opening at the pan and right in they go. I also use it for shredding or slicing carrots, radishes, and cucumbers for my salads. So if you do a lot of slicing and shredding it is great.


The next thing I want to talk about is the Pampered Chef Micro-Cooker. Once again something I love, and use several times a week. I use this item to cook my vegetables. I buy frozen veges, empty the whole bag into the cooker. I add a few tablespoons of butter, and usually some Mrs. Dash (in the yellow bottle) or Italian seasoning. Cook for about four to five minutes, (sometimes they need a couple minutes more) they turn out great. I don't add any water. However, I have cooked frozen corn on the cob in the cooker several times, I do use water in this case. I barely cover the corn with water and cook about ten minutes. Stick it with a fork, if still too hard cook a few more minutes.

This is great for baked potatoes also. Poke some holes in your potatoes. I smear mine with butter. I also shake on some Italian seasoning and a little garlic salt. Cook for about eight to ten minutes. Poke with fork, if not soft enough, cook a couple more minutes. They don't shrivel up like most potatoes cooked in the microwave.

You can also use this item to cook meat in the microwave. I break up my ground beef, add any seasonings, and onions, cover and cook. I cook my beef for chili, stews, and tacos in the Micro_Cooker. For my taco meats, I break up my ground beef. I add onions and cook about four minutes. Drain out the grease. Remove lid and stir with fork, breaking up any large pieces. Place lid back on and cook a few more minutes, or until done. Drain any grease. I add a small can of green chilies, about half a can of refried beans, and a 16 ounce jar of salsa. Stirring after each addition. I add the beans first, they seem to mix in better that way. This is the taco meat recipe I use for regular tacos, taco casseroles, and burrito bakes.

As a matter of fact, I have two Micro-Cookers. My first one is pretty scratched up and starting to bubble on the bottom. But I have had that one for about ten years. They also have a small sized one.

No comments:

Post a Comment