Monday, October 10, 2011

Southwest Egg Rolls / Avocado Dipping Sauce

This recipe was found at couponqueendiaries.com. It was really good. The sauce was excellent. I have never had an avocado before so didn't really know what to expect. I used my stick blender to make the dipping sauce, because just mashing it seemed still too lumpy to me. I cooked my chicken in my Pampered Chef Micro Cooker, then just shredded it. I only rolled and cooked 7 rolls. I still have plenty of the mixture left for lunch tomorrow. Corey lately hasn't been in the mood for corn. He said it was good but he would like some without the corn sometime. I think next time I will make half with the corn and half with spinach so that we will both be happy.

Southwest Egg Rolls with Avocado Dipping Sauce

2 1/2 cups chicken
1 1/2 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
2/3 cup corn, drained
2/3 cup black beans, drained
5 green onions, chopped
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1 tsp grated lime peel
1 package egg roll wrappers
vegetable oil

Cook the chicken, shred or cut into chunks. In a large bowl, combine all. Place 1/4 cup of the mixture into the center of a wrapper and roll up. Use a pastry brush dipped in water to seal. Prepare all egg rolls. Heat oil to 375 degrees. Fry 2 to 3 egg rolls at a time for 2 minutes on each side. When golden brown, remove and allow to drain on paper towel.

Avocado Dipping Sauce

1 ripe avocado
1 cup ranch dressing
1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1 Tbsp lime juice

Peel and mash the avocado. Mix in rest of ingredients.

**I did not use fresh cilantro, I used half as much dried cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment