Sunday, October 9, 2011

Reese Dessert

This recipe is something that was served at my school, let's just say twentysomething years ago. It was always on the menu as Reese Dessert. But after getting the recipe it could just be called peanut butter dessert. Whatever you call it it is good.

I'm going to type it as it was written as I think it will be easier. It is a recipe that is done in steps.

Reese Dessert

2 cups graham crackers, crushed
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup powdered sugar

Mix all together, press into a 9 x 13 pan. Freeze until set.

2 cups peanut butter
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup powdered sugar

Mix together, add enough vegetable oil to spread easily. Spread mixture over crust. Return to freezer until set.

Cover with 2 cans Thank You brand chocolate pudding.


**Since my blender decided to die this week I just pounded to crush the graham crackers. I didn't do a great job, had several pieces that were still a little large. When I put them into a 9 x 13 it just seemed like way too little. So I transferred them to a 9 inch square pan. Seemed like a better fill.
**As you can see by making it in a 9 inch pan the peanut butter layer is a little thick.
**I didn't use Thank You brand. I just made two of the small boxes of instant pudding mix. But after starting to spread it on, I only used about have, so one box should be good if using the 9 inch pan. Of course those who actually had this in school said it was good, but the pudding just wasn't the same. Note to self: next time don't be so frugal (ok cheap) buy the Thank You brand.
**My suggestion to cut corners would be to get a ready made pie crust. I think cutting the recipe in half would fit the crust ok. I think I will try it next time, of course with the Thank You brand chocolate pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment