Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Mexican Stuffed Shells




I'm not much of a pasta eater. I like spaghetti and I'm starting to be ok with some noodles. But I must say these were really good. I figured even if I didn't like the shell I could eat the stuffing. I tried it with the shells and it was good. Corey really liked them also.

Mexican Stuffed Shells

1 Lb. ground beef
1/4 cup onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup salsa
12 jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded lettuce
2 Tbsp. diced, seeded tomatoes
1/4 cup sour cream

Heat over to 350 degrees. Spray an 11 X 7 pan with non stick spray. Brown meat with onion and garlic. Drain, add spices cook, mix well, cook about one minute. Add salsa, cook about five minutes, stir often. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream. Let cool slightly. Stuff shells. Place in baking pan. Cover with foil and bake fifteen minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered until cheese melts, about five minutes. Top with lettuce and tomatoes.

**I cooked my meat in my Pampered Chef Micro cooker, with the onions and garlic. Then stirred in the salsa, cooked another minute. Then added the sour cream.

**The shells were still hot when I was stuffing them. So I dampened a paper towel and held in one hand to hold the shell while I was stuffing.

**I used a cheddar, mozzarella blend.

**I didn't top with lettuce and tomatoes. I just drizzled more salsa over the shells.

**As you can see by my picture I didn't follow the directions. I cooked the whole box of shells. I stuffed as many as I could with the filling and froze the rest of the shells.

No comments:

Post a Comment