Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Semi-Homemade Cinnamon Rolls













I am calling these semi-homemade because I am using crescent rolls from a can. I think they are yummy. I think Corey thinks so too. He has asked for them a few times since the first time I made them.

I took one tube of crescent rolls and gently unrolled them. Gently press and seal the seams. However now you can buy sheets of crescents without the perforations. I gently roll my rolling pin over them just to get an even spread. Sprinkle with a mixture of sugar and cinnamon. I would say about two parts sugar to one part cinnamon. Then I sprinkled nuts over that. I had walnuts on hand, so that is what I used. I just ran my knife over them to rough chop. Gently reroll them. Try to keep them as tight as possible. I cut mine into eight pieces. Once they are in the pan I gently pressed them down. Not really necessary, but I think it helped tighten the rolls. Bake at the suggested heat and time. The package I used was 350 degrees for 13 to 15 minutes.

The glaze is just a little powdered sugar and water, could use milk, but we are not milk drinkers so none in the house. Drizzle over the rolls.

**I think I will try them again sometime with some apple pie filling spread on them before rolling them back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment