Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Congo Bars


This is another dessert recipe. A lady that my husband works with gave it to him. I would describe them as a bar cookie. I made them for the first time for my family Labor Day cookout. My bowl came home empty!!

Congo Bars

2 3/4 cup flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup margarine
3 eggs
1 (12 oz.) package chocolate chips
1 cups nuts
2 1/4 cups brown sugar

Melt margarine. Add brown sugar, mix well, let cool. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition. Add the dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Spread in a 10 x 15 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.

**The recipe she gave me just says nuts, no specific type. I had a partial bag of almond slivers and a partial bag of pecans, so that is what I used. They turned out great.


No comments:

Post a Comment