Monday, January 7, 2013

Mexican Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing

Tonight for dinner I made a recipe I found on pinterest. It comes from cookingwithkrista.blogspot.com. Of course the photo gets your attention first, it looked good. Then going over the ingredients it sounded good. Being a salad it was easy to make. Corey and I both really enjoyed it.
Mexican Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing.

 Dressing
 1 large avocado
1 Tbsp plus 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp hot sauce
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves
3/4 tsp salt

Combine all in food processor or blender, until smooth. Cover and refrigerate. Toss with salad just before serving.

 Salad

 1 1/2 to 2 heads Romaine, chopped
2 to 3 large OR 6 to 7 small tomatoes
2 cups corn chips, crushed
1/2 cup Mexican blend cheese
15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
5 green onions, chopped

 Combine all in a large bowl. Toss with dressing just before serving.

 **It was good but a couple changes I will make next time. First Corey and I both thought it had too many bean, so will only use half the can. Next I would add a little more corn chips.
**I didn't have a lemon so used juice from a bottle.
**There is a recipe for the dressing that calls for 1/2 cup Greek yogurt instead of the mayonnaise. I haven't tried it with the yogurt but that may be an option others would like to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment