Sunday, October 31, 2010

Nuts and Bolts Mix



This is a recipe I found online. It is super simple. I made some for our Fall Family Event. I am going to make some more for our Christmas Eve get together.

Nuts and Bolts Mix

2 1/2 cups unsalted nuts
1 1/2 cups pretzel sticks
1 cup dried fruit
2 Tbsp. melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp water

Put dry ingredients into crock pot. In a bowl mix butter, water, vanilla and sugar. Pour mixture over dry items. Stir to coat. Cover and cook on high 2 to 3 hours, stirring every half hour. Spread on wax paper lined baking sheet until cool.

**The recipe I found suggest almonds and walnuts. As for the fruits they suggest blueberries and apricots. I used the suggested nuts. And for the fruits I used mixed berries, mango, and apricots. I doubled the recipe and it turned out fine.
**The request for Christmas is less pretzels and more fruit, I have to agree with this. There did seem to be too many pretzels.

No comments:

Post a Comment