Monday, February 10, 2014

Beef Stuffed Crescents

This recipe was found at tasteofhome.com.  If I am remembering right it is supposed to be an appetizer.  Of course I cut the recipe in three to use just one can of rolls.  They were super easy to make.  They were good, Corey and I both liked them.  However I did make a couple adjustments to them.

When I added the cream cheese they only tasted like the cheese.  I added some of my taco seasoning and a blend of mild cheddar and mozzarella.

Beef Stuffed Crescents

1 pound ground beef
1 (4 oz) can green chilies
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, cubed
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp chili powder
3 (8 oz) crescent rolls

Cook beef and chilies over medium heat, drain.  Add cream cheese, cumin and chili powder.  Cool slightly.  Heat oven to 375 degrees.  Separate dough.  Add 1 Tbsp mixture to the short side of the triangle.  Carefully roll up.  Bake 11 to 14 minutes on ungreased baking sheet.  Serve warm.

**Can replace chilies with jalapenos
**When I rolled them I pinched any open areas to help keep the mixture in.

No comments:

Post a Comment