Monday, January 27, 2014

Chocolate Banana Chia Pudding

Chia seeds are supposed to be healthy.  I have sprinkled them into a couple smoothie, but didn't really know what to do with them.  I found several recipes for pudding using them.  The process does take a little time.  The final result didn't look very tasty, but it was pretty good.

If you have never used chia seeds, when soaked they form a gelatin feeling coating.  It reminded me of some sort of science experiment.  Your pudding will not be smooth because of the seeds.  If you don't mind a little crunch in your pudding, give it a try.

Chocolate Banana Chia Pudding

2 cups almond milk
2/3 cups chia seeds
2 ripe bananas, mashed
2 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp honey OR agave OR syrup
2 to 3 Tbsp cacao powder OR cocoa powder

Mix the seeds and milk until seeds are wet.  Let rest 15 minutes.  Stir mixture, it will be thick at this point.  Let rest another 10 minutes.  Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.  Into the fridge to set up.

**My bananas weren't quite ripe enough to mash really well.  I ate around them.  So in my opinion you could just leave them out if you wanted.


No comments:

Post a Comment