Monday, November 14, 2011

Apple Crisp

Last year for Corey's Thanksgiving carry in at work he asked me to make a dessert. I found this recipe online somewhere. It is super simple. I hadn't made it for home, so I hadn't tried it. A couple days ago I made it for a dessert. We ate it warm from the oven. It was so good. I used red delicious, that is what I had on hand. Corey asked me to make peach crisp next time. Hopefully it will be as good as the apple crisp was.

Apple Crisp

Filling
5 or 6 medium apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/4 inch slices. (about 7 1/2 cups)
3 Tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon

Topping
1 1/3 cups flour
1 1/3 cups brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 stick butter, softened
2/3 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prep apples. Add sugar and cinnamon, toss to coat apples. In separate bowl mix all topping ingredients. Using a fork mix until well combined. Spread over top of apples in a 9 inch square pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.

**I just washed and used my hands for mixing the topping.

No comments:

Post a Comment